Saturday, February 6, 2016

Red, White & True quilts

I finally finished all three of my Red, White & True quilts, from the quilt along.  This started back in July, but, I got busy this fall, and didn't finish mine.  The centers have been finished, I just needed to put both borders on each top.

I did have to re-draft the pattern, just a bit, so that they would all fit the size requirements for Quilts of Valor.
re-drafted pattern
All I did was take the middle row out, and use the 'parts' from it to make the borders.  Now all the quilts measure 60"x70".

I finished this one at the Quilts of Valor sew-in on Tuesday.
Red, White & True #1
Today, my large quilt guild had a sew-in, and I finished the other 2 quilt tops.  It was windy outside, so, sorry for the pictures.

Red, White & True #2


Red, White & True #3
This was a fun and simple pattern.  I'll probably make this again.

I have the bindings made, and I just have to piece the backings. 

Thanks for the quilt along, Jean!



7 comments:

  1. You are on a roll with these quilts!! Very nice and I know they will be well received. Thanks for doing this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that quilt and the changes you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pattern. Interesting that there is a size requirement. Well, you did a good job of adjustment and I'll bet someone will be happy to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty quilts! It does look like a fun pattern for piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice pattern and love the quilts. Do you attend the events where they present the quilts too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous! Love the way you adapted!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).