Friday, April 10, 2015

Bunny Blocks

My little quilt guild, Wego Quiltin', had a Bunny Block challenge.  Everyone was asked to make a 12.5" square block, with a pastel background, and a Bunny.  20 blocks were turned in at Monday's meeting, which is great, since we don't even have 20 members.  A couple of members made extra blocks. 




I think the ladies did a great job!  These blocks will be turned into charity quilts. 

A new block challenge was issued at the meeting.  We were asked to make a 12.5" square block, with either a witch or a scarecrow on it.  No other rules were given. Hmmm....now to find something that fits this challenge.

No sewing has happened here this week.  Some unexpected things have come up, and kept me away from my sewing room.  One of those things was the Sewing & Quilting Expo in Schaumburg.  On Thursday, I helped work the Quilts of Valor booth.  It was a slow day, partly due to the nasty weather in the Chicago area. 

Please pray for all of the people affected by the tornado's last night in Illinois.  Homes, lives and jobs have been lost.  I can't imagine what people are going thru.  One of the quilt guilds in that area are trying to see what they can do about a quilt drive.  They promised to let me know, once they make plans.  I'll pass that info on to all of you. 

6 comments:

  1. Hope you are not in harms way - will love to help spread the word once you receive info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not normal for tornadoes in that area is it? I loved all of the bunny blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be one very cute quilt. I love it that quilters are often the first to do something "real" when disaster strikes. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet bunnies....
    When you said witches I thought of three good witches, McGonagle, Hermione and Luna and one baddy, Beatrix... and then you've got a game, too. "One of these things is not like the other..." Lots of work though.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how cute! And so motivational.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).