Thursday, March 31, 2011

Trip to Texas (Part 1)

Blue Bonnets in Texas
 Spring break in Texas!  Yipee!!  My home state.  I am usually too early to see any Blue Bonnets over Spring Break, but, since we traveled through central Texas and the Hill country, we got to see some.  These were at Inks Lake near Burnet, TX.  My brother has a house on the lake.  I miss living at the lake.  We lived at the lake when I was in Junior High School.  I loved it.  We had screened in porch on the water.  I loved to sit there and read on rainy days.  It was so peaceful.

Ducks at Inks Lake, Texas
 I took this picture from my brother's dock early on Sunday morning before anyone else got up.  We've camped at Inks Lake State Park since college days.  There is a big group of my brother's friends that still go camping there every summer.  My boys went each summer until we moved to Illinois.  It's just too far to get them there now.  They sure do miss it.  This was the boys first time at Inks lake in many years.  We got to go out in the boat on Saturday afternoon.  It was a beautiful day.  Sunny and warm.  I even borrowed shorts from my sister-in-law, since it was so warm. 
Spider in web on boat dock



I DON'T like Spiders!  Now, since I've said that, there was a beautiful spider web with 2 spiders on it on my brother's deck steps.  I used the flash on my camera to get the web in the picture.  The spiders never moved the whole time I was on the deck (THANK GOODNESS). 

I have lots from our trip to Texas.  I'll probably blog about it for days.  I brought home some goodies from the trip. 

PS:  I mitered the borders on the 'Fat Cats in the City' quilt for Betty the morning we left on the trip.  Betty has seen the quilt top and loves it.  Now to finish the quilt on the quilt rack so that I can get it quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).